How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When my daughter was born i was involved with two men. one

Customer Question

when my daughter was born i was involved with two men. one took the responsibility for her,his name is ***** ***** birth certificate. THIS man, now is on disability, for which ,my daughter receives a benefit. Enters the other man, recently.He wanted a dna test to see if she is his. We now find out the second manis her biological father, not the one on the birth certificate. THE biological father has received died. His wishes were to have his new found daughter to be taken care of. How can i drop 1st mans disability claims to start receiving the 2nds benefits and go about changing names on the birth certificate?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What state were you in when the child was born? How old is she now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Scranton, Pennsylvania she is 9 years old.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.

Will the father who is listed on the birth certificate be willing to have his name removed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i spoke to himon6/2/2010 about all this.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.
If he agrees you can go to court to get the DNA test recognized and get a court order naming the bio father as the father and with that order vital records will change the name on the birth certificate. Once that is done you have to report this to SS and they will require that payments she received be repaid if she was not the child of the parent she was collecting under so that can be deducted from the new payments she may be receiving under her bio father.

Related Family Law Questions