How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34434
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex put his name on my sons birth certificate but he is not

Customer Question

my ex put his name on my sons birth certificate but he is not the biological father
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 years ago.
If you were married at the time the child was born then there is a presumption that your husband is the father. You would need to file a petition to prove the biological father and have your ex's paternal claims terminated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my son was 5 months old when my ex and i got together how is it posssible that he could have his name put on the birth certificate without my or the birth fathers permission. what action can i take aganist him for falsifying documents?
Expert:  Loren replied 5 years ago.
You can contact the California Attorney General's office to file a complaint. Changing the father's name, however, will take a court order.