How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask stevexo Your Own Question
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1000
Experience:  30 years helping those with Family legal needs
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
stevexo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my name isXXXXX and i am wondering how to

Resolved Question:

Hi my name isXXXXX and i am wondering how to go about a child support case in which the mother and i were never in a relationship i dont even remember the night and she has bad drug problem. She is in and out of rehab on and off prorole and using my child support money for her drugs her hair her nails. So what should i do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  stevexo replied 5 years ago.
Question: What is it that you want to do, be left alone, raise the child,pay support, get visitation, take the child from her, ec. Thanks, Steve
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

She wont allow me to see her and she is 9 i want to be left alone and have nothing to do with them but i dont believe i should have to pay for someone that i have never been aloud to be apart of their life.... like i said i was never in a relationship with her. If it was the other way around and i took advantage of her and she didnt want the baby which she almost gave up for adoption anyways she could have with out my permision i dont see why i dont have a choice in this situation.

Expert:  stevexo replied 5 years ago.
Most of the time I can tell the person that they had something to do with it, but in your situation that would not be correct. Child support has nothing to do with you seeing the child, or having a relationship with one. It stems from the obligation you have as a biological father to provide for her. That is why even though you have nothing to do with the child you will still get ordered to pay. Natural Dads do not get away with not paying child support unless they have sole custody, or are primary parent. If you want nothing to do with them, stop seeking to pay the child support through the court, or be under a court order for the support if you do not have to be. But for you to voluntarily initiate this on your own I would not suggest at this point. Sincerely, Steve
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so in a case like this how much would a lawyer cost in the state of Idaho? and most likely in order to not pay child support i would have to get custody or continue to support her drug habbit?
Expert:  stevexo replied 5 years ago.
You might be able to get an Attorney for 1000-1500 dollars, but that does depend allot on your local economy. And I agree with both of your other statements as concerns child support. Sincerely, Steve
stevexo and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you