How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask stevexo Your Own Question
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1000
Experience:  30 years helping those with Family legal needs
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
stevexo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child support

This answer was rated:

My son just turned 18 and will attend college in the fall while living at home. Is his father required to pay me child support while our child is in school. Our divorce agreement only states until the child is 18.  I live in KY and my ex lives in NC.
No,a parent can be ordered to pay child support for a child in school after they are 18 years old, but that is only high school. Child support stops when the child turns 18 unless still in high school and sometimes only up to age 19 in high school like the state of Wis. Thanks for letting me help. Sincerely, Steve
stevexo and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure? I've heard from a number of people that he was required to pay.