Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

my mom just recently passsed away, and there was awill but

Customer Question

my mom just recently passsed away, and there was awill but I wasnot allowed to be at the reading of it just my sister, and they said Ididnot need to be there how ever i don,t know if ooor when I will start recieving and monies yet or how long will it take. pam curtis
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
Do you know if her estate is being probated or not?

Did she have assets?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no its not probated just the car, that she had now my sister has it I was supposed to get half of what the car would be worth, we talked about that before mom died, the house is still fooor sale there hasn,t been any buyers yet it,s early. there was alot of things in the house. maybe 3 auctions worth. the silver we sold and split the cost 50 50. I was told Id get aletter from the lawyer hasnot come yet.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no. its not probated ,just the car, that she had .now my sister has it I was supposed to get half of what the car would be worth, we talked about that before mom died, the house is still for sale there hasn,'t been any buyers yet it,s early. there was a lot of things in the house. maybe 3 auctions worth. the silver we sold and split the cost 50 50. I was told Id get a,letter from the lawyer it has not come yet.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How long will it take before I get that letter from the lawyer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes she had assets 3 0r4 bank accts i think also anuuities
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i realize i shouldnt of sent this info because its private however my husband asked the same question and got ananswer. then that next day my sister called and told us what I really needed to know.