Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can child protective services arrest someone or press charges

Customer Question
against someone if they're just...
Can child protective services arrest someone or press charges against someone if they're just meeting with them after an incident has occurred?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2012
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Can you provide a few facts to put this into context?
Man and woman get into a physical fight on the way home from an event with 3 children in the car. She calls the police after he pulls over somewhere and the police speak to them all and file a report. Now CPS has spoken to the eldest of the 3 children and the woman, and now has an appointment with the man. Man is worried he can get charges pressed against him even though the incident has passed, or even arrested. Is this possible?
Yes, they can still choose to press charges or have him arrested afterwards. There is no way to know how likely this is, but there is at least a chance.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
JD 1992
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer