Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

if i get a legal seperation or divorice. is my wife entitled

if i get a legal seperation or divorice. is my wife entitled to any money i may recieve from inheritance or trust?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

An inheritance is your separate property, and a spouse would not have a claim to it, even if it were received during the marriage. RCW 26.16.010. Also, a spouse has no claim to any funds that a spouse obtains after the couple obtains a legal separation or divorce.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you for answer was very helpful. could you tell me what court and where in king co. washington state.
You're welcome. Do you mean where to file? Divorce is filed in the local family court. Here is the family court's website for King County:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/courts/Familycourt.aspx
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
legal seperation
I'm sorry. I thought you were asking where the court was located. This site has all of the forms that you need to file a legal separation:
http://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=forms.contribute&formID=25
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i didnt know i had to pay for every ? related to my first ? whats up?
There is no charge for follow-up questions related to the initial question. It doesn't look like you've been charged other than for that question. If you had unrelated questions, those would be posted in a separate thread, and there would be a charge for any accepted answers. If you think you've been overcharged, you may want to contact Customer Service, as I'm not able to see your account.