How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JerrySJD Your Own Question
JerrySJD, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 821
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, support, mediation, alimony
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JerrySJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in franklin county ohio is it common for the court to grant

Customer Question

in franklin county ohio is it common for the court to grant a motion to allow passport renewal for minor children. i am an usa citizen only (as well as my children) we are used to traveling outside the country. the childrens father refuses to sign form allowing passport renewal.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JerrySJD replied 5 years ago.

JerrySJD :

The passport office has its own rules. You can try to force the husband to sign by motion. The court does not have jurisdiction to force the renewal. The court can order the husband to sign.


can the court (with proper motion ) do an order allowing me as applying parent to travel with the monor children

JerrySJD :

no, you need the passport. ex has to sign off. you might get the order from the court to make him sign the passport docs.

JerrySJD and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions