Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Name change at NYS Civil Court - foreign citizens case I

Name change at NYS Civil Court - foreign citizen's case

I am filing an adult name change petition for civil court in NYC. The instruction on "documents to be submitted" has no examples for foreign citizens (I am Japanese) - who were born outside of the US and still foreigner- regarding the proof of date and place of birth.
Could you, if you have a definite answer, confirm that foreign documents with governent endorsement and certified translation to prove "date and place of birth" is accepted or not.

Thank you.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Yes, the court will accept your current immigration documents as well as foriegn documents showing your place and date of birth, etc.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking either the GREEN ACCEPT or the SMILEY FACE as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you