Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

In SC if a man and woman are legally separated and spend one

night together during the year...
In SC if a man and woman are legally separated and spend one night together during the year does this qualify as "living together as husband and wife"? When I had my divorce hearing many years ago and the judge asked me if we had lived together as husband and wife at any time during that year I said "no". Did I lie? And if so does that render the divorce invalid.
5/1/2012
Law Pro, Lawyer
No. Moments like that are common and do not void the separation time already spent apart.

Times like that can amount to such if they each profess to want to reconcile and move back together.

It's a matter of he said- she said if there is disagreement as to whether or not they were to reconcile the marriage.

If this was mutually agreed upon to be a one-night-stand - then they did not live together or reconcile.

Law Pro, Lawyer
Law Pro, Lawyer