How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a painting bussiness and i have a inactive child support

Resolved Question:

i have a painting bussiness and i have a inactive child support case, bussiness is very slow i couldnt make the payments they wanted so they suspended my drivers license im about to be evicted from the place im renting please how can i get some heartship licenses so i can work i dont want warefare i only want to work im 55 years in age
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation.

If it were as simple to get your license back as saying that you needed it to work to pay support, no one would ever lose their license. It is intended as a punishment---to make you suffer hardship in return for your doing the same to the children you are not pay money for. It is a hard reality but one that you may only avoid by getting caught up on your payments. You have a painting business. That is better than many. You can hire an employee who can do all of your driving for you. Inconvenient and more expensive yes---but again, you are being punished and the court is not simply going to give you a license back because you want it---I'm sorry.

I wish you the best in 2012.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation, nor was it what I sensed you were hoping to hear. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

Thanks Again,

LawTalk and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you