How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask InformationForYou Your Own Question
InformationForYou, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1956
Experience:  18 years as a family law attorney, adjunct law professor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
InformationForYou is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in NC, separated but not yet divorced. Can I give my baby

Resolved Question:

I am in NC, separated but not yet divorced. Can I give my baby her fathers last name if he is not my legal husband?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  InformationForYou replied 5 years ago.

InformationForYou :

Yes you can.

InformationForYou :

You will just put his name on the birth certificate (as well as yours) and also the baby's name on the birth certificate (form).

InformationForYou :

Good luck - and please click accept to give me credit for responding.

InformationForYou and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you