How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently owe over 7,000 in back child support. The accumulation

Customer Question

I currently owe over 7,000 in back child support. The accumulation of arrears happened during months of jumping through hoops to have my child support case reevaluated. They were basing my child support on an income I hadn't made in two years. I can prove that I wasn't making the much higher income I use to, but it was still like pulling hens teeth to get it lowered, and now I have arrears because of it. How do I go about getting the arrears wiped out? How do I get a court date with a judge? Should I have a lawyer? What kind of proof would I need to bring to court for this situation? Is there any hope for this amount to be wiped out?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!