How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask smithlaw1177 Your Own Question
smithlaw1177, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 151
Experience:  Our firm handles all kinds of family law issues including child custody, child support, divorce, and mediating family issues.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
smithlaw1177 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filling out a petition to change my legal first and middle

This answer was rated:

I am filling out a petition to change my legal first and middle name from Mary Constance to Conni. I understand that I need to provide my birth certificate which has my maiden name on it. I have been married and divorced 10 years ago. After the divorce I kept my married name. I wish to continue using my married name. Do I need to provide proof of my marriage and divorce?

smithlaw1177 :

Hello, I will be glad to help you. I had this happen to a client of mine and we just had to take the divorce decree up to the judges office and they took care of it!! Good Luck!


Do you mean bring it to the judges office after the 30 day wait period from filing the petition?

smithlaw1177 :

No, I filed it as an exhibit with the birth certificate.


Ok. Thank you very much.

smithlaw1177 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions