How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12410
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in the process of getting a divorce. I currently have

Resolved Question:

We are in the process of getting a divorce. I currently have an order of protection against him for me and he has limited visitation times. He has moved out of town and refuses to give me his physical address. Can I refuse him his parenting time until he provides it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. I'm sorry to hear of your problem.

Unfortunately, it is not proper to deny parenting time as a method to force your ex to do something else, such as provide an address, pay child support, etc. The parenting time is primarily for the benefit of the children, so denying parenting time is seen as damaging to the child. In order to get your husband's address, you should ask the court to order it if your husband refuses to voluntarily provide it. Of course, since you're represented by an attorney, I'll qualify my statements by adding that you should ultimately do as she advises.

I hope that helps. Please remember to click "accept."
TJ, Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you