How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I file a petition with the court myself? There are no

Resolved Question:

Can I file a petition with the court myself? There are no children, no assets and no property, only an agreement for retirement accounts to be settled
Submitted: 5 years ago via SpeedingTicketCentral.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 5 years ago.
Dear JACUSTOMER - You can file your petiton and have him served as a contested divorce. Unfortunately for him it is the judge who decides who gets what so it doesn't matter what he says with respect to what he will or wilkl not "give" you. Half the marital proerty belongs to you and the court will see to it that it is divided equally.
Dave Kennett and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you