How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27551
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need a sample letter to a judge to change my court date.

Customer Question

i need a sample letter to a judge to change my court date. i am a truker and im sole provider of my family. this case is out state. i live in Florida.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.


You will want to file a motion for a continuance and/or to reset the current court date. On the motion/letter, you want to have the names of the parties, court, case number and state within the motion/letter, the reason for which you can not appear at the scheduled court date. Any evidence to support your motion should be attached and advise the Judge of when you can appear, so it can be heard when you can travel to the State. You also need to send a copy to all parties, so they are on notice of it and may even want to contact them and see if they have any objection to it and if not, you can inform the judge that they agree to it being reset.