Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

can I sue my husband for civil law for adultery

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
4/5/2012
Family Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer
Welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for your question.

If my answer is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

Pennsylvania does permit a fault divorce based upon adultery. Marital misconduct occurring during the marriage – such as adultery – can be considered by the court in determining alimony and the division of property in a divorce. However a separate civil action does not exist outside of the divorce court

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.
Ellen, Lawyer

Can I use this to drop the charges of simple assaults he pressed on me. I want the charges drop if I agree to divorce without any complication.

Yes you can negotiate with this information in mind. However your husband does not have the authority to drop the criminal action. A criminal action can only be dismissed by the prosecutor's office. The prosecutor may be more inclined to drop the case with your husband's encouragement.

It has been my pleasure to assist you.

Your satisfaction is very important to me.
If I have not answered your question completely, please let me know by clicking reply.
If you are satisfied with my service, please leave positive feedback even if the law is not in your favor.

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future by starting your new question with "For WebLaw"
Ellen, Lawyer