How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My X is not letting me see my children as much as I should

This answer was rated:

My X is not letting me see my children as much as I should be seeing them. I was supposed to see them for Memorial weekend, half the summer, Thanksgiving and all of Spring Break and did not. I want to with hold child support until she follows the rules. She also moved with the kids and did not tell me for 5 months that she moved. What can I do?

Do you have a visitation order?

Did she move out of state?



Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do. It states that I should have seen them on all the times that I mentioned. She did not move out of State.

When a parent violates a custody/visitation order, the other parent may file contempt proceedings for the court to address the issue. In some cases, attorneys fees can be awarded, make-up visitation can be scheduled, and/or the violations may be cause to modify the custody order.


Further, the law restricts the right of the custodial parent to move away from the noncustodial parent without his or her agreement or without the court's consent, and in some cases, the child custody order has similar restrictions. Violations of either are both also grounds for contempt.


Regarding the child support, in most cases, violation of the visitation agreement does not allow the noncustodial parent to withhold support. The issues are largely seen as separate issues.


I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Lady Themis and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you