How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad worked n lived in Norway from february 1957 to october

This answer was rated:

My dad worked n lived in Norway from february 1957 to october 1968, November 1968 we moved to the usa. Dad is in his 70's now n is wondering how he can collect his Norwegian pension? We know he can but can't seem to find the proper papers. We need help. Thanks
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

An agreement effective July 1, 1984, between the United States and Norway improves Social Security protection for people who work or have worked in both countries. It helps many people who, without the agreement, would not be eligible for monthly retirement, disability or survivors benefits under the Social Security system of one or both countries.

You may have some Social Security credits in both the U.S. and Norway but not have enough to be eligible for benefits in one country or the other. The agreement makes it easier to qualify for benefits by letting you add together your Social Security credits in both countries.

You can get more detailed information about the Norwegian system by writing to the Norwegian address below or by visiting the Norwegian Social Security system web site at

National Insurance Administration
International Affairs Division
N-0241 Olso

I am not sure exactly what paper you sent in November 2011, but

if you live in the United States and wish to apply for U.S. or Norwegian benefits:

  • Visit or write any US Social Security Office or
  • Phone our toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. any business day. People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our toll-free TTY number, 1-800-325-0778.

You can apply for Norwegian benefits at any US Social Security Office by completing an application form SSA-2490. So make sure you have submited this form.

Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you help me with these papers?
I wish I could physically help you with the papers but that would be against the policy of this website and also possibly violate legal ethics and state bar rules. If you do want to hire an attorney you can go to to find one in your area.

I wish you well.
Is there anything else I can do to assist you?

Related Family Law Questions