How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, My sons father just received 250,000 from his deceased

Resolved Question:

hello, My son's father just received 250,000 from his deceased mother and he is not paying child support. Am I entitled to some of that money
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

No you are not entitled to any of the inheritance. However the father is responsible for paying child support and that money can be considered by the judge in setting the amount of support. You can send him a demand for his financial information as a part of discovery. If he does not show that on his financial declaration you can get a copy of the probate file to show the judge.
lwpat and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you