How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33411
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi - appreciate the quick answer - and am assuming since my

This answer was rated:

Hi - appreciate the quick answer - and am assuming since my husband has paid his lawyer $12,000 for handling the divorce - that my husband will appear before the judge and complete the proceedings - When he does - and our divorce is finalized, will I be liable for any medical expenses my husband might have, including home health care? I have been trying to get him to hire someone to live in what is now his three bedroom home - (I will be moving into an apartment in the same part of Austin, on Saturday, April 7th ) - but so far my husband has procrastinated on finding a live-in or daily caregiver - He is wealthy enough to afford a live-in, and I am willing to help SOME, post divorce, but my health was being effected by the amount of attention and work and neediness which is his normal profile - After 35 years of marriage - I needed to make a life-saving change for myself - Hence the divorce. Should he run out of funds - (house is paid for, car too) because at some point he might need to go to an assisted living center - and his family is a "long-lived" one, would I in any way be liable to pay monies for that living center or HIS medical bills? Thanks - Charlette Tucker
You wouldn't be liable for any expenses from the point on, but the creditor could claim that things that have accumulated in the past are community debt.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992 and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you