Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What happens if a defendant or plaintiff continuously violate

Customer Question
the judge's court order in...
What happens if a defendant or plaintiff continuously violate the judge's court order in a divorce case in the State of new jersey?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2012
Family Lawyer: JerrySJD, Attorney replied 5 years ago
JerrySJD
JerrySJD, Attorney

JerrySJD :

Then they are in what is known as "contempt". The other party can file a Motion for Contempt, and get fines, prison, restraining orders, all sorts of things depending on what happened. If it involves a financial matter, then amounts due will be ordered paid or the money will be obtained through various means, such as garnishment. If a Motion for Contempt is not filed, the court will not know and nothing will happen. Back child support, however, will always be subject to collection.

JerrySJD :

Does this help? Do you need more?

JerrySJD :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Please click "Accept". If you need more, please let me know

JACUSTOMER-5v23rcpp- :

yes, thank you this is so helpful!

JACUSTOMER-5v23rcpp- :

much appreciated

JerrySJD :

You are welcome. We are here to serve you.

JerrySJD :

Thank you for using JA. Please click "Accept. If you need more, just let me know.

JACUSTOMER-5v23rcpp- :

thank you i may need more but i have make sure of my questions.. i am pro se at my divorce.. no more $$ for atty.

JerrySJD :

Understood. We are always here, and you can request me anytime. I am usually at the ready.

JerrySJD :

Please click "Accept".

JerrySJD
JerrySJD
JerrySJD, Attorney