How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38217
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I file a California Civil restraining order on behalf of

Resolved Question:

Can I file a California Civil restraining order on behalf of my minor child to restrain another minor child? The other child has committed three acts of violence against my child (choking and pushing).
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.

The answer is yes, you can get a restraining order against a minor or minors, the same way as you would do so against an adult. The minor's guardian would appear with the minor at any hearing and be served with the order to prevent any contact between the minors. The judge would then explain to the minor that they are to have no contact with your child. The clerk of the local family court would have the proper forms that you would need to fill out to request the order.





If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting/interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.


If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.


Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing.

Barrister and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you