How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2509
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 6 year old neice (and Godchild) is currently in custody

Resolved Question:

My 6 year old neice (and Godchild) is currently in custody with her mother who is an active drug addict and has served time in jail for child neglect. I am very worried about the safety of this child and the social worker who is involved in the monthers case does not seem to want to deal with this again. I want to know how I could get temp custody of her until her dad (my brother) can
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 5 years ago.

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

I need to know what state your neice is in to answer your question as your rights vary by state. Can you please provide me the State so I can give you information about third party custody? Thank you.

S. Kincaid and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you