How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received an emergency custody order in virginia yesterday

This answer was rated:

I received an emergency custody order in virginia yesterday placing my daughter in my custody. I went to the sheriff's office in the county where my daughter was taken and they questioned it's validity and would not enforce it or assist me with getting my daughter. I have done everything I was told I needed to do. I need this done fast and no one is in a hurry. It is an emergency and I don't have time to waste getting appointments. What do I need to do to get this order enforced?



I suggest if the Sheriff does not help you, you should consider going to the District Attorney in Shenandoah County and tell them what is going on.

The DA will then contact the Sheriff and explain that your Order is legitimate and they should assist you with getting your daughter by issuing an escort.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

Samuel II and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you