Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

ok .. Me and my ex broke up over a year ago. I worked monday

Customer Question
ok .. Me and my...
ok .. Me and my ex broke up over a year ago. I worked monday to thursday so I had my kids from thursday night to sunday night. She had a new boy friend and she moved in. She filed for primary residence and I didn't fight it. We got back together after she ran into trouble with the police. Shortly after she became pregnant with someone elses baby so I left her. Now I have the kids 1/2 of the time. Where she lives the kids have no rooms and one is even sleeping on a couch. Can I gain full custody because of this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/1/2012
Family Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 5 years ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Please note that for legal reasons my answers are only intended to be general/educational information rather than specific legal advice. If you need specific legal advice, then you must consult with a local attorney in your jurisdiction.

Obviously I can't say for certain how a judge would rule, but based upon what you wrote, there seems to be a good chance that you could get a modification of the child custody order because of your ex's recent legal trouble and the fact that the children do not have their own room and that at least one child sleeps on a couch. You can petition the court for a custody order modification by visiting the local court clerk and asking for the petition form.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney