Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

Hi Mary, Ill be filing for divorce in Pakistan again, this

Hi Mary,
I'll be filing for divorce in Pakistan again, this time with the correct documents. If the divorce decision is made earlier in Pakistan than the decision for the case in GA, will GA court accept the divorce from pakistan even if the case was filed after the case in GA?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still waiting on an answere
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 years ago.

Hello there Sam --

I apologize for the delay -- I did not realize that you were looking for me. If your divorce is finalized in Pakistan before the Georgia hearing it should be accepted by the Judge in Georgia -- however, your ex could file an objection and try to get the Georgia judge not to accept the Pakistan divorce based upon the date that the Pakistan divorce was filed (so if your ex calls that date into question the Georgia judge may scrutinize both divorces and decide that the Georgia divorce will take precedence over the Pakistan divorce).

--MARY

Legalease, Lawyer
Experience: 13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues