How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 15 yr old who is being accused of taking something

Resolved Question:

I have a 15 yr old who is being accused of taking something that was lost. Based on a video it is not seen where he takes anything but it does show that he has something similar to what was lost but it belongs to him. Now the childs mom want to file a report. Can I hire an attorney to prove my sons innocence and what can I do for false accusations?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.


Yes you can hire an attorney to defend you son against any criminal or civil law suits. The false accusation may not have a remedy. If the person who made the allegation believes it is true and is not making the statement maliciously or knowing it was false, then you have no remedy. but if they made the allegation knowing it was false you could sue in civil court for damages due to the defamation of character.

legaleagle and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you