How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we have joint custody for almost a year now. our child is turning

This answer was rated:

we have joint custody for almost a year now. our child is turning 3. i work days but 3 days one week and 4 days another. my ex works swing shift nights and days 12 hour shifts. i would like full custody. i do not qualify for legal aide and ex has tapped me out going to my lawyer for everything. he makes me ask permission for my included annual vacation time and stipulates times on my holidays and i am not allowed to discuss anything with him unless it is an emergency or if im running late or something. what can i do?
Thank you for directing your question to me.

What state has jurisdiction over your parenting plan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your information.

You can petition the court yourself for modification to the parenting plan. Here is the form you will require:

It is a form for Philadelphia but you may modify the form to use throughout Pennsylvania by simply changing the County

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but i would like to change custody from joint to full. isnt modification just to change days and times? i thought what my ex is doing is illegal somehow
Modification is to make any change to the parenting plan. The modification can include changes to days and times as well as from joint to full custody. You can also modify to add the first right of refusal that we talked about in your other question.

Your ex is required to follow the parenting plan that you have currently. If he is not you can bring a contempt action
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what will happen after i file?
your ex will be served and a hearing will be set. At that time you will have the opportunity to ask the judge for the changes requested

I will be going off-line now. I will check back tomorrow to see if you have any further questions.
Ellen and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you