How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance went to jail today for child support. He is still

Resolved Question:

My fiance went to jail today for child support. He is still married but wants a divorce. Hes legally separated and today they had court because she filed for contempt of court and he was behind on child support. WHat can I do to get him out of jail?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.


You can borrow the money and pay him out. It is a civil contempt of court and he can purge himself of the contempt by paying. That is really the only way to get him out. Sorry.

lwpat and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions