How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a protective order against my husband and it does include

Resolved Question:

I have a protective order against my husband and it does include our 3 children. Can I give him permission to see the kids before we go to court to have the order modified. The kids would really like to see him.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


Unfortunately, no, you don't have the authority to modify the protective order. Thus, technically, you can't do this without putting him in danger of being held in contempt of court for doing this.


As a practical matter, if you don't report a violation of the protective order, the court is not likely to ever find out. However, I would not recommend this if you were my client because it could result in you also being held in contempt IF the court found out.

Roger and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions