How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex husband has his new girlfriend taking care of our daughter

This answer was rated:

my ex husband has his new girlfriend taking care of our daughter when i am available to take care of her. i am not allowed to know this woman and i found out through others about it. when i got upset and cnfronted them about it they threatened me with harrassment. is there anything i can do?

WebLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

WebLaw :

Welcome to JustAnswer,

I am the expert that will be assisting you today. Thank you for your question.

If my answer is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

WebLaw :

Does your parenting plan state that you have a first right of refusal when your ex husband is unavailable to parent


i never saw that in the court order and never heard of it before. we have joint custody

WebLaw :

I am working on your answer. One moment please.

WebLaw :

You can petition the court for modification to the parenting plan to give you the first right of refusal. This means that if the father is unable to parent during his parenting time, that he must offer you the opportunity to take your child for that period of time. This type of clause is commonly placed into parenting plans as the courts believe that it is best for the child to be with a parent

WebLaw :

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.

Ellen and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you