Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

the mother of my child is illegal. she has filed for child…

Customer Question
the mother of my child...
the mother of my child is illegal. she has filed for child support in california (i live in AZ) she is aware im going to petition for primary custody and she has threatened to take my son to mexico before she will let me have custody. im currently looking for a california family law attorney but want to know my rights and what i can do so she cant leave with my son
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/17/2012
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation

You would need to consult and retain California experienced divorce/child custody attorney, who will need to file a petition in family court for an emergency injunction which would prohibit the mother of your child from removing your child from the state of California.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!
Do you have any related follow up question or do you need for me to further explain my answer to you?
No. we have contacted an attorney in CA. As the child has no passport the attorney in california advised us even if we file that motion there would still be no way to ensure she doesn't leave the country as she would be doing it illegally. But thank you again and hopefully this will be handled soon.
Do you have any evidence that the mother has an intention to take the child illegally to Mexico?