How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was ordered to pay child sopport in the amount of $1200.00

This answer was rated:

I was ordered to pay child sopport in the amount of $1200.00 per month for my twin girls. When I applied for modifications twice it was denied twice. Now 16 years later I have a debt well of $100,000.00 in child support. My ex-wife lied when asked how many children we have. She said I only had two, but in fact I had four children. She also cheated during the marriage and in Arizona there is a law stating that she can be charged if there is proof, and I do have proof. What can I do in this situation??? Please help

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


Adultery is a crime (class 3 misdemeanor) under Arizona law. Here's the statute: However, the statue of limitations to charge a person with adultery is 1 year from the event. Thus, the statute of limitations has long since expired for filing any charges against your ex-wife for adultery.


However, if you have overpaid child support, you do have a right to file another motion to modify your support amount and also seek either a credit or reimbursement for any overpayments that you have made. You would have to file a motion with the court and prove that you have paid more than you should have, and if you can do that, the judge can order a credit or refund to you.

Roger and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
A family law attorney can help you get this filed.