How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 19 year old daughter who is out of High School & is

Resolved Question:

I have a 19 year old daughter who is out of High School & is not going to college. She has a 25-30 hour a week job. Her father has been paying child support but wants to have her emancipated so he no longer has to. We live in the state of IN I was tld when we were divorced that he should pay support till she is 21 should I pursue the support or is he correct that she should be emancipated?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem. I am not fully aware of what prior steps you have taken.

If the child is not attending school and working to the point if self sufficiency then he can seek to have her emancipated. However, he has the burden of proving these conditions. So basically what I'm trying to tell you is that if the information is true as he alleges, the court should grant his request. However, if she is attending school or not self sufficient then you can seek to have support continued.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you