How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29798
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am sorry, I dont really understand the last sentence to my

Resolved Question:

I am sorry, I dont really understand the last sentence to my answer from Lucy.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

I apologize for the confusion. What I meant is that the judge will look at how much money was in the acoc**t when you got married in 2001, and none of that money goes to you. The judge can also calculate the interest earned on that portion of the money, and that's also separate property. What you're entitled to is half the contributions made since you got married. If your husband doesn't have the statements, or can't get them, then the judge has discretion to estimate based on the amount of time involved and the amount being contributed each month.
Lucy, Esq. and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions