How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced family law practitioner.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I have been separated for 2-3 weeks. I dont want

Resolved Question:

My wife and I have been separated for 2-3 weeks. I don't want a divorce but I'm convinced she does. What are her options? If she tries to take my kid legally, how long does that usually take? We have a written agreement for equal physical custody (not signed by the court or anything) and I don't see where any emergency temporary custody circumstances apply.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 5 years ago.
It would be in your best interest to apply for legal separation or divorce, and get a court proceeding going so that you can get that signed agreement about custody entered as a court order.

Things may seem friendly now, but they can change fast and she might try to renege on your agreement. Best to get a divorce lawyer who specializes in custody help you to get that 50/50 agreement entered as court order. Don't take any chances.

WiseOwl58 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you