How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband got a lawyer today and is trying to play like all

Customer Question

my husband got a lawyer today and is trying to play like all divorces inocent but i hav all proof hes lying cause i have himrecordedon voice recorder saved text and voicemails. so first is it illegal for him to use my daughters child support card without promision,change door locks on our appartment and not tell me or give me a new key and flush my perscribed medicine from phyciatrist down drain?Do i tun him in?He also Has physicaly hurt me and threatened to kill me, its been a few weeks sisce and me and daughter re safe but do i get a no contact order or is it to late or do i press charges. He thinks nothing or no one can ever hurt him in any way an he will always win cause he is gods child. he needs to no different cause he i not just mean but demonic or something WHAT DO OR CAN I DO?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am very sorry about your difficult situation.

Did your husband already file a divorce petition?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes i think so some one rang door bell at my friends place but i didnt answer cause i was scared i dont hav lawyer yet plus h

e text me hinting this

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.

How long ago did the last physical abuse/assault take place?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the end of december
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If you had been assaulted and/or physically abused, you can and should report it to the police and the police will investigate your report and will forward your case to the prosecutor and your husband will get arrested if the investigation reveals that your allegations are true.

Also you will be able to obtain a no contact/restraning order, once you report this physical/domestic abuse to the police.

Also if your husband has filed for divorce, I would strongly suggest that you do consult with an experienced local divorce attorney who can represent you in the divorce proceedings and make sure that your parental and legal rights are protected.

If you are unable to afford a local private divorce attorney, you can contact your local neared legal aid society and they might be able to provide you with free or low cost legal service/representation and also you can contact IOWA State Bar to request a list of pro bono (free) family law attorneys at

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions or do you need for me to further explain my answer to you?