How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I share Joint Legal custody of my children, the Father has

Resolved Question:

I share Joint Legal custody of my children, the Father has active Felony Warrants.
During visitation exchange If I refused to release the children to anyone other than the other custodial Parent (The Father) would I be in violation of any family court orders ? My custody paperwork does not state that I am required to release the children to the Fathers Family though he has sent them recently to pick up the children in an attempt to avoid any possible police contact due to his warrants.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. Absent a court order to the contrary, there is no requirement that custody be released to anyone other than the other parent. As an aside, I should point out that even if it was in violation of the court's order, the father would be unable to enforce it. If he appeared in court to enforce the matter, they would arrest him on the spot.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please keep in mind that the experts are not credited for unaccepted answers; even where I cannot solve every problem in a case, my hope is that you can at least feel confident in your knowledge of your rights so you can get the best legal outcome under the circumstances, whatever that outcome may be. Thank you.

Brandon M. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions