How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in a fight with my ex-wife for a while. In one

This answer was rated:

I have been in a fight with my ex-wife for a while. In one of the hearing the jufge ordered her to pay my attorney fees, which she did not. Because of that I had to file another law suit to recover those fees as well, and there are also other issues. BotXXXXX XXXXXne: I believe I should be able to recover a bunch of attorney fees from her. What is the best way to do that? What are my chances? Is there a Statute of Limitations for me recover those fees?


Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.


Pursuant to §683.020 of the California Code of Civil Procedure, a judgment creditor has a maximum period of 10 years within which to enforce or collect on his judgment for damages against a judgment debtor. Therefore you have 10 years from the judgment that you received to enforce it to collect the money she was ordered to pay. You can hire a collection company who can pursue wage garnishment or liens against assets, or even a levy of any bank accounts you can find.

legaleagle and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you