How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Meigs Your Own Question
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1346
Experience:  I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Meigs is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to court without a lawyer (couldnt afford one.) to

Customer Question

I went to court without a lawyer (couldn't afford one.) to reduce my child support. The judge denied my claim. I am paying 650.00 per month and am only making about 1000.00/ month and some months not even that. I am a self employed carpenter. I brought my tax returns for the previous 3 years to show my income, but they still denied me. Now they say I have to wait three years. They also did not tell me that I only had a certain amount of time to appeal the decision. Do I have to wait the full three years before trying again?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Meigs replied 5 years ago.

meigs004 :


meigs004 :

Allow me to better read your facts so that I may answer your question more fully.

meigs004 :

I will await for you to return to the chat so that I may gather some more information and so that we may correspond and come to a prompt answer for you.

Related Family Law Questions