How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay so once he gets his passport we can have him sign all

This answer was rated:

Okay so once he gets his passport we can have him sign all of the papers for both the signing over rights/adoption and the divorce... and then he is okay to leave the country? Or will the court want him around for the hearing for the rights?
Hello again,

Yes; once he has his passport renewed it can serve as valid photo ID allowing him to sign the necessary documents.

I understand you are trying to consolidate all these issues into one event but legally they are separate. He can leave the country at any time because that is a separate immigration issue. Once a divorce action is started the person can leave the state or even the country and still litigate the issue. However, if you want the quickest resolution it would be best to resolve everything while he is still here.

The court can always ask the a hearing to make sure the child is being properly cared and that the agreement of the parents is in the best interest of the child. The ability is in the discretion of the judge. If everyone is in agreement on all points it could be as short as 3 or 4 months after filing to resolve everything except the adoption which can be finalized after he is done.

Daniel Solutions and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you