How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEase Your Own Question
LegalEase, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 897
Experience:  Experience in handling divorces, custody issues and child support quandries.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalEase is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a daugther that that has nothing to do with me. I have

Resolved Question:

I have a daugther that that has nothing to do with me. I have always been kind to her and never have I said anythng derogatory to her. Now she has three beautiful children to whom I send emails and letters. The letters she sends back with "Return to sender" written on them. She does not alow me to visit them and now I just recieved a note in the mail she sent to me as follows:
"Any further contacts or attempts toward myself, Jamie, Malinda, Caitlyn, & Seth will result in a Restraining Order, and I'm returning what was sent"
Can she get a restraing order agaist me for sending loving emails or letters to her children, my grandchildren? It is the only way they know I exist.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalEase replied 5 years ago.
She could attempt to get a no contact order possibly. A restraining order would be a bit drastic if you've not actually tried to physically contact them.

I understand that this situation is hurtful to you, and that you must long to have a relationship with both your daughter and your grandchildren. However, legally, she has the right to ask you to stop contacting her and her children and her right to do so extends to asking for a no-contact order.
LegalEase and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you