How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Family Law Expert, I need help with...getting my girlfriends

Customer Question

Dear Family Law Expert, I need help with...getting my girlfriends 2 children back with her and i
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Why are they not with her and what is the status of any court actions
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dhs took them from her in june and she has been going threw court hearings since then.the last time i talked to her she said there were no more one day a week visiting the 2 girls.why i don't know as of yet
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately DHS took the children for a reason. She can get her children back by following and completing her treatment plan. If she does not, then she will never get the children back. She should also have been appointed an attorney to represent her in court. She can ask for a meeting and have the attorney explain to her anything that she does not understand.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
she was appointed a pd and the pd told her that she didn't know what else she can do for her the very first court date.that is not what a pd is supposed to say to her client is it ?
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
I can't answer that question for you. It is what it is and child protective services is a law unto itself. Any attorney can only do so much with the facts. The rest is up to the client.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i didn't think a public defender was supose to be against their client like hers is.thats what i call a misjustice on the appointed lawyer
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
I have no idea of the facts of the case. In a child protective services action it is up to the client to meet the requirements of the treatment plan, the attorney cannot do that for them.