How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I purchased a property out of state while physically seperated

Resolved Question:

If I purchased a property out of state while physically seperated from my spouse,does she have any rights to that property by Texas law?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 5 years ago.
Dear JACUSTOMER - Unless you were legally separated by a court order the property is marital property since it was purchased during the marriage and there were no court orders of legal separation. Any property acquired during the marriage whether you are living together or not is considered as marital property. In order to sell the property she would have to sign the deed while you are legally married and it will be included in the marital assets of the divorce.
Dave Kennett and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you