Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

need to file papers for civil contempt for child support where

Customer Question
can i get the documents...
need to file papers for civil contempt for child support where can i get the documents how do i file or what is a lawyer fee
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/1/2012
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
We cannot draft such papers for you, it would be an Order to show Cause for Contempt that needs to be filed and if you let us know the state we may be able to direct you to a sample for you to draft your own or a local lawyer would charge you likely $1500 or so to pursue a non-payment of support case for you.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

state mo father behind 6 months only pays 100.00 a month has a master degree in nursing states he cannot find a job also want to reduce payments
There are no pre printed motions in Missouri for the Motion for Contempt and Order to Show Cause for Contempt that you need to file. This means you need to get a local attorney to draft them and can go to legal aid or call the state bar and ask for the pro bono attorneys in the area to assist you OR you can go to the district attorney's child support office and they will represent you and pursue the child support arrears for you and can even suspend his driver's license, nursing license and his passport for non-payment of support.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer