How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my wife has changed her residency to another county and

Resolved Question:

If my wife has changed her residency to another county and establishes her 6 month residency can she file for divorce in her county (dekalb georgia)? Is her residency based on the day she rented her apartment, or when she changed her drivers license and car registration? What process can I use to have the case moved to my county of residence (paulding georgia) once I am served? Can she force me to pay for 1/2 of the mediation fees if she files?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :


Samuel-II :

The residency is based on the date of a lease for an apartment.

Samuel-II :

If you have not been served, yet, then file in your county and do not wait to have it transferred. It is a difficult process to have it moved once it has been filed and generally will lie in the jursidiction of whomever files first

Samuel-II :

Fees are generally split among the parties.

Samuel-II :


If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you


If my wife makes more than me, is there any benefit to her for delaying filing?

Samuel II and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you