How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a twoyearold granddaughter and we are not to visit

Resolved Question:

We have a twoyearold granddaughter and we are not to visit her is there anythingwe can do
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. In Indiana, it is possible for grandparents to petition a court for court-ordered visitation, and it may be granted if the grandparents have a history of meaningful contact with the grandchild and if they can show that it is in the grandchild's best interest. To make the petition, you can either hire an attorney or contact the court in the county where the child resides and request the forms to petition for grandparent visitation.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Brandon M. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you