How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalPro Your Own Question
LegalPro, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 589
Experience:  33 years experience in domestic relations and family law practice.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalPro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i went to court for a temporary order iam unsure if it has

Resolved Question:

i went to court for a temporary order iam unsure if it has been removed. i have called district clerk and court administrator and have been told nothing how can i find this info out as a reminder i represented myself i did not have an attorney to represent me.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalPro replied 5 years ago.
You must obtain the court records for the case. I cannot understand the clerk not being able to relate to you the contents of the court file over the phone if the file is an open record, but you may have to appear personally at the clerk's office in order to examine the file. You will need to see the docket of the case to see whether the court set aside the temporary order, or whether the temporary order contains an expiration date. An attorney may be able to help you locate and examine the court file.
LegalPro and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you